THE JOHNSTOWN ESTATE PRIVACY STATEMENT
The Johnstown Estate values you as our guest and recognizes that privacy is important to you. We want you to be familiar with how we collect, use, and disclose your Personal and Other Data (collectively, “Data”)
At The Johnstown Estate, we respect your privacy and want to provide you with the options, information, and choices below to express your preferences: what and how much you share with us and when and how you hear from us.
DATA COVERED BY THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT
This Privacy Statement describes the privacy practices of The Johnstown Estate for data that we collect:
- through websites operated by us from which you are accessing this Privacy Statement, including thejohnstownestate.com and other websites owned or controlled by The Johnstown Estate (collectively, the Websites);
- through the software applications made available by us for use on or through computers and mobile devices (the Apps);
- through our social media pages that we control from which you are accessing this Privacy Statement (collectively, our Social Media Pages);
- through email messages that we send you that link to this Privacy Statement and through your communications with us online or in-person;
- from third parties such as Authorized Licensees, Owners and Franchisees, and Other Sources, such as public databases, marketing partners, and other third parties; and
- when you visit or stay as a guest at The Johnstown Estate, or at the lodges (Rooms and Lodges), or through other offline interactions (collectively, Property Visits and Offline Interactions).
Collectively, we refer to the Websites, the Apps, and our Social Media Pages, as the “Online Services” and, together with the Property Visits and Offline Interactions, the “Services.”
THE DATA WE COLLECT
At touchpoints throughout your guest journey, we collect Personal Data in accordance with the law and serve you better. Personal Data is information that may identify you as an individual or relate to you as an identifiable individual. We collect and process the following types of Personal Data about you:
- Postal address
- Telephone number
- Email address
- Financial information (such as credit and debit card numbers or other payment data)
- Language preference
- Date and place of birth
- Nationality, passport, visa, or other government-issued identification data
- Important dates: birthdays, anniversaries, and special occasions
- Membership or loyalty program data (including co-branded payment cards, travel partner program affiliations)
- Employer details (for business-related bookings)
- Travel itinerary, tour group, or activity data
- Prior guest stays or interactions, goods and services purchased, special service and amenity requests
- Social media account ID, profile photo, and other data publicly available, or data made available by linking your social media and loyalty accounts
In more limited circumstances, we may also collect:
- Data about family members and companions, names, and ages of children
- Biometric data
- Images, video, and audio data via: (a) security cameras located in public areas, such as hallways and lobbies, in our properties; and (b) body-worn cameras carried by our loss prevention officers and other security personnel
We may also collect information about your Preferences that we use to make your current and future stays and experience with us more enjoyable, including information about your interests and other relevant information that we learn about you during your stay. This may also include any likes and dislikes about our services that you tell us about so that we can improve our services, and specific dietary, health restrictions, or personal needs to ensure your wellbeing. We may also collect your “Personal Preferences,” which may include details of your special anniversaries (such as your birthday or wedding anniversary), what type of activities you prefer to take part in when staying with us, and your hobbies. Personal Preferences may also include details about who you usually travel with, their relationship with you, and your marital status.
If you submit any Personal Data about other people to us or our Service Providers (e.g., if you make a reservation for another individual), you represent that you have the authority to do so and you permit us to use the data in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
You can learn more about how Google uses information from sites such as The Johnstown Estate here.
COOKIES AND OTHER DATA
Personal data will be used for the personalization of ads and that cookies may be used for personalized and non-personalized advertising. We may also collect “Other Data” that generally do not reveal your specific identity or do not directly relate to an identified individual. To the extent Other Data reveal your specific identity or relates to an individual, we will treat Other Data as Personal Data. Other Data include:
- Your browser or device. We collect certain data through your browser or automatically through your devices, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Apple), screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, Internet browser type and version and the name and version of the Online Services (such as the Apps) you are using. We use this data to ensure that the Online Services function properly.
- Your use of the Apps. We collect certain data when you download and use an App, such as App usage data, the date and time the App on your device accesses our servers, and what data and files have been downloaded to the App based on your device number. We use this data to ensure that the Online Services function properly. We may also collect mobile device advertising identifiers to enhance and personalize your experience and deliver relevant products, content, or ads to show you on our Website, Apps, or external advertising.
- Cookies. We collect certain data from cookies, which are pieces of data stored directly on the computer or mobile device that you are using. Cookies allow us to collect browser type, time spent on the Online Services, pages visited, referring URL, language preferences, and other aggregated traffic data. We use functional cookies to obtain the data for security purposes, to facilitate navigation, to display content more effectively, to collect statistical data, to personalize your experience while using the Online Services, and to recognize your computer to assist your use of the Online Services. We also gather statistical cookie data about the use of Online Services to continually improve design and functionality, understand how they are used, and assist us with resolving questions. Advertising cookies further allow us to select which advertisements or offers are most likely to appeal to you and display them while you are using the Online Services. We also use them to send marketing emails and to track responses to online advertisements and marketing emails. You can learn more about cookies at: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/index.html.
- Manage Cookie Preferences:
- You can choose whether to accept cookies by managing your tracking preferences by clicking on “Tracking Preferences” located at the bottom of our home page or by changing the settings on your browser. If, however, you do not accept cookies, you may experience some inconvenience in your use of the Online Services. For example, we will not be able to recognize your computer, and you will need to log in every time you visit. You also will not receive advertising or other offers from us that are relevant to your interests and needs. At this time, we do not respond to browser “Do-Not-Track” signals.
- Third-Party Advertising:
- We may use third-party advertising companies to serve advertisements regarding goods and services that may interest you when you access and use the Online Services, other websites, or online services. To serve such advertisements, these companies place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser (including through the use of pixel tags). If you would like more information about this practice, and to learn about your choices in connection with it, please visit http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp and http://www.aboutads.info/.
- Pixel Tags and other similar technologies. We collect data from pixel tags (also known as web beacons and clear GIFs), which are used with some Online Services to, among other things, track the actions of users of the Online Services (including email recipients), measure the success of our marketing campaigns, and compile statistics about usage of the Online Services.
- Your IP Address. We collect your IP address, a number that is automatically assigned to the device that you are using by your Internet Service Provider (ISP). An IP address is identified and logged automatically in our server log files when a user accesses the Online Services, along with the time of the visit and the pages that were visited. We use IP addresses to calculate usage levels, diagnose server problems and administer the Online Services. We also may derive your approximate location from your IP address.
- Aggregated and Segmented Data. We may aggregate data that we collect, and this aggregated data will not personally identify you or any other user. We may also use both Personal Data and Other Data to divide customers into segments, or groups, in order to provide more relevant advertising.
- Precise Location-Based Services. With your consent, we may collect the precise physical location of your device by using satellite, cell phone tower, Wi-Fi signals, or other technologies. We will collect this data if you opt-in through the App or other program (either during your initial login or later) to improve special offers and to enable location-driven capabilities on your device. If you have opted-in to share your location, the App or other program will continue to collect location data based on how you chose to share the data.
HOW AND WHERE DO WE COLLECT YOUR DATA
This Privacy Statement describes the privacy practices of The Johnstown Estate for Personal and Other Data that we collect through the following:
- The Johnstown Estate. We collect Personal Data and Other Data from other companies within The Johnstown Estate for the purposes described in this Privacy Statement, such as providing and personalizing the Services, communicating with you, and accomplishing our business purposes.
- On-Property and/or Travel Providers. We may collect your Personal Data and Other Data from spas, restaurants, leisure clubs, concierges, and other outlets at our properties.
- Linked Accounts. We collect Personal Data and Other Data when you use the Online Services login to receive or register for certain third-party services. Additionally, your social media account provider allows you to connect your social media account to your Online Services account or log into your Online Services account from your social media account. When you enroll in those services, we disclose your Personal Data and Other Data to those third parties. If you do not want us to collect your Personal Data or Other Data in this way, do not provide your loyalty program number to third parties, do not use your Online Services login to register for third-party promotions, and do not connect your Online Services account with accounts on third-party services.
- Promotional Activity. We collect Personal Data and Other Data from third parties who may provide promotions to you, such as sweepstakes, contests, or other offers.
- Other Sources & Service Providers. We collect Personal Data and Other Data from various third parties, such as public databases, joint marketing partners, and online travel agencies (OTAs).
- Online Services. We collect Personal or Other Data when you interact with our Online Services, by performing such actions as, but not limited to, browsing, making a reservation, purchasing goods and services from our websites or Apps, communicating with us, or otherwise connecting with us or posting to social media pages, or signing up for a newsletter or participating in a survey, contest or promotional offer.
- Customer Care Centres. We collect Personal Data when you make a reservation over the phone, communicate with us by email, fax, or contact customer service. These communications may be recorded for purposes of quality assurance and training.
- Internet-Connected Devices. We collect Personal and Other Data from internet-connected devices available on our property. For example, when you connect a device to the hotel’s internet.
WHY WE COLLECT YOUR DATA (LEGAL BASIS)
|PURPOSE||DESCRIPTION OF ACTIVITIES ASSOCIATED WITH PURPOSE||LEGAL BASES|
|Booking & Guest Registration||There are a number of activities associated with this purpose, such as: facilitating reservations and bookings of hotel accommodations and related services; engaging in pre‑arrival communications (logistics, changes, preferences, etc.); and processing payments and security deposits.||Performance of contract for the individual with the guest booking the room
Legitimate interests for the individual booking the room, for example, honoring his/her preferences, as well as for any individuals accompanying the primary guest (e.g., spouse, children, friends)
Legal obligations relating to financial transactions, such as the obligation to maintain books and records
|On-Site Reception & Stay Services||There are a number of activities associated with this purpose, such as: facilitating check-in and check-out; processing payments; providing consistent and personalized service and advice about the on-site services (based on past usage or expressed preferences); providing concierge, luggage storage and parking services; making arrangements with third‑party providers on behalf of guests (such as coordinating tours and other sightseeing excursions; arranging taxi, shuttle and chauffeur services; and facilitating reservations and bookings at restaurants and events); administering and facilitating access to Wi-Fi, TV and other connectivity services (including access to business centre amenities, such as fax and photocopying services) and entertainment systems (such as PlayStations and music players); facilitating in-room dining (including taking into account any dietary, health restrictions or other personal needs expressed by the guest); housekeeping services (including preferences for special pillows, duvets and other amenities expressed by the guest) and dry-cleaning services; handling customer requests, inquiries and complaints; and determining eligibility for age‑restricted goods and services (such as alcohol or in-room adult entertainment).||Performance of the contract, such as processing payments
Legitimate interests, such as honoring the guest’s preferences (e.g., for a room near the elevator or on a top floor)
Consent, such as collecting information regarding dietary preferences that the guest chooses to provide
Legal obligations, such as collecting national ID numbers where legally required
|Conferences & Events||There are a number of activities associated with this purpose, such as: communicating with customers about conferences and other event planning (“Events”); facilitating reservation and bookings of Events; engaging in pre Event communications (logistics, accommodations, changes, etc.); preparing for and coordinating Events in accordance with customer instructions, expectations, and preferences; facilitating catering; communicating about billing and recovering amounts owed; processing payments and security deposits; performing credit checks; handling customer requests, inquiries and complaints; and communicating with participants during Events.||Performance of the contract, such as collecting information regarding a planned Event
Legitimate interests, such as responding to customer complaints or concerns relating to an Event
Legal obligations relating to financial transactions, such as the obligation to maintain books and records
|The Johnstown Estate Operations & General Business||There are several activities associated with this purpose, such as: administering customer-care services to facilitate and address inquiries, comments, and complaints about any of our services (such as in person, through phone lines, email, or on social media); handling security and fraud prevention; administering online services (including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance, support, reporting and the hosting of data); monitoring and analyzing usage of services and using data analytics to improve services, marketing, programs, overall customer experience, gathering feedback, carrying out pilot programs for potential new services and both developing new and improving existing services; and facilitating mergers, acquisitions and other reorganizations and restructurings of our business (including prospective transactions).||Performance of the contract, such as ensuring that online services are functioning so that individuals can make reservations or manage loyalty accounts
Legitimate interests, such as responding to customer complaints and concerns which may include, where applicable law permits, recording customer service calls
Consent, such as for marketing programs
Legal obligations relating to financial transactions, such as the obligation to maintain books and records
|Emergency & Incident Response||There are several activities associated with this purpose, such as: ensuring the security of on-site services; responding to, handling, and documenting on-site accidents and medical and other emergencies (including facilitating in‑house doctor services); actively monitoring properties to ensure adequate incident prevention, response, and documentation (including CCTV); requesting assistance from emergency services; and sending notifications and alerts in the event of incidents or emergencies (such as via SMS, email, call, the audio-visual device prompts, etc.).||Performance of the contract, such as ensuring the safety of guests and personnel through interactions with on-site security personnel
Legitimate interests, such as monitoring properties through CCTV to ensure the safety of guests and personnel
Legal obligations, such as documenting on‑site accidents
Individuals’ vital interests, such as contacting medical or emergency services for an ill guest
|Legal & Compliance||There are several activities associated with this purpose, such as: complying with applicable laws; complying with legal processes; responding to requests from public and government authorities; meeting national security or law enforcement requirements; enforcing our terms and conditions; protecting our operations; protecting the rights, privacy, safety, or property of The Johnstown Estate, guests, visitors and other relevant individuals; and allowing us to pursue available legal remedies and limiting the damages that The Johnstown Estate may sustain.||Legal obligations, such as complying with legal processes
Legitimate interests, such as enforcing terms and conditions to protect trademarks
Individuals’ vital interests, such as contacting emergency services in case of disturbances and incidents involving guests
|Spa, Beauty, & Fitness Services||There are several activities associated with this purpose, such as: facilitating reservations and bookings; determining eligibility for services; honoring disability or other health-related restrictions and providing appropriate and safe activities, services, and treatments; providing consistent and personalized service based on past usage and preferences expressed by the individual; processing payments; arranging requested professionals for specific treatments and services; and handling customer requests, inquiries and complaints.||Performance of the contract, such as processing payments
Consent, such as collecting information about back problems when providing massage services
Legitimate interests, such as providing personalized services (e.g., offering golfing opportunities based on past activity)
Individuals’ vital interests (e.g., when an individual becomes ill while using the fitness equipment)
|Food & Beverage Services||There are a number of activities associated with this purpose, such as: facilitating reservations; honoring dietary preferences; providing consistent and personalized service based on past usage and preferences expressed by the individual; processing payments; arranging reservations; and handling customer requests, inquiries, and complaints.||Performance of the contract, such as processing payments
Consent, such as collecting information about dietary, health restrictions, or personal needs of a guest when ordering food
Legitimate interests, such as providing personalized services (e.g., offering red wine to a guest based on previous requests)
Individuals’ vital interests (e.g., when an individual becomes ill in one of the restaurants)
|Child-Related Services (for Parents & Legal Guardians)||There are a number of activities associated with this purpose, such as: facilitating babysitting/hotel nanny and kids club; facilitating reservations and bookings; preparing for and coordinating hotel accommodations and services in accordance with guest preferences, instructions, and expectations; payment and billing services; dining services (for example, special menus for children or special discounts for breakfast for children under a certain age).||Performance of the contract, such as having a child of a certain age stay in the room with his/her parents may amount to extra charges or discounts
Consent of parent or legal guardian, such as accommodating needs of children
Legitimate interests, such as providing a crib and other amenities for children
Individuals’ vital interests, such as when a child becomes ill while participating in a kids’ club
|Marketing, Promotions, Contests & Third-Party Products||There are a number of activities associated with this purpose, such as: communicating about products and services that may be of interest to guests; providing personalized advertisements for products and services on selected websites; facilitating participation in sweepstakes, contests, and other promotions (such as best vacation photo contests on social media); and handling customer requests, inquiries and complaints.||Performance of a contract, such as fulfilling obligations associated with a contest
Consent, such as honoring the mode of communication preferences (e.g., email, SMS)
Legitimate interests, such as providing advertisements for similar products and services
Legal obligations, such as handling information consistent with rules relating to sweepstakes
Our goal is to serve you better and meet your expectations and preferred level of hospitality at each stage, from the moment that you book with us through to when you check out. See below to learn more.
|PERSONAL PREFERENCES||PURPOSES||LEGAL BASES|
|Anniversaries||When you stay with us, we want to help you celebrate any special occasion, such as an anniversary, or birthday. For example, we may make a note of these dates to allow us to provide you with a birthday or anniversary gift.||Consent, where applicable|
|Activity type and hobbies (such as trips to the beach, babysitting, fitness, travel and transportation details, kids club theatre, restaurant, etc.)||We want to ensure that we provide you with services that enhance The Johnstown Estate experience. To do this, we may retain your preferences about the types of activities that you like to take part in so that we can ensure we are able to offer you similar experiences when you stay with us in the future.||Consent, where applicable|
|Relationships (husband, wife, son, daughter, etc.)||We understand that your Preferences may change depending on who you are traveling with (such as your preferred room type). We may keep a record of your relationships to assist us with making The Johnstown Estate stay as comfortable as possible. For example, if we know you are traveling with small children, we can proactively plan for additional accommodations such as a crib.||Legitimate interest, in order to provide you with exceptional service
Consent, where applicable
|Preferences for properties, clubs, and facilities||When you are staying with us, we want to make sure that we can provide you with services to enhance The Johnstown Estate experience. To do this, we may retain your preferences for our properties, clubs, and facilities, based on your past stay preferences, of our kids’ clubs, nanny services, spa and beauty services, restaurant, and leisure club facilities.||Legitimate interest, in order to provide you with exceptional service
Consent, where applicable
|Dietary preferences||When you stay with us, we want to ensure that you are safe, that we are looking after your wellbeing, and to provide you with services to enhance The Johnstown Estate experience. For example, we may make a note of your dining or beverage preferences so that we are prepared if you request room service or dine at one of our restaurants.||Legitimate interest, in order to provide you with exceptional service
Consent, where applicable
Our goal is to provide you with the highest level of hospitality and Services and to do so, we may share Personal Data and Other Data with the following:
- The Johnstown Estate. We disclose Personal Data and Other Data to other companies within The Johnstown Estate for the purposes described in this Privacy Statement, such as providing and personalizing the Services, communicating with you, facilitating the loyalty programs, and accomplishing our business purposes. We share your Personal Data and Other Data used for making reservations with the applicable property and The Johnstown Estate entity to fulfill and complete your reservation.
- Owners: We disclose Personal Data and Other Data to Owners of The Johnstown Estate branded properties for the purposes described in this Global Privacy Statement. Owners have a limited right to use certain Personal Data for their own purposes and therefore qualify as independent data controllers for the following processing: Owners may use your Personal Data for complying with their own legal obligations, including maintaining books & records and other compliance obligations.
- On-Property and/or Travel Providers. We may share your information with spa, restaurant, health club, concierge, and other outlets at our properties to provide you with services and their own marketing such as The Spa.
- Promotional Activity. We partner with third parties who may provide promotions to you, such as sweepstakes, contests, or other offers.
- Service Providers. We disclose Personal Data and Other Data to third-party service providers including, for example, companies that provide website hosting, data analysis, payment processing, order fulfillment, information technology, and related infrastructure provision, customer service, email delivery, marketing, auditing, and other services.
Other Uses and Disclosures:
We will use and disclose Personal Data as we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) to comply with applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including authorities outside your country of residence and to meet national security or law enforcement requirements; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations, such as in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of The Johnstown Estate business, assets or stock (including any bankruptcy or similar proceedings); (f) to protect the rights, privacy, safety or property of The Johnstown Estate, you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
We may use and disclose Other Data for any purpose, except where we are not allowed to under applicable law.
At The Johnstown Estate, we believe that you should have choices with respect to your data. We provide you with the options, information, and choices below to express your preferences: what and how much you share with us and when and how you hear from us.
Communications and Preferences
- If you no longer wish to receive marketing-related emails, you can also use the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any of our communications
- NOTE: Even if you choose to opt-out of marketing-related emails, we will continue to send you transactional messages, such as information about your reservations or stays, including confirmation and pre-arrival emails, or account security updates.
- If you want to adjust your Stay with us, email [email protected] or call us at (+353) 46 954 0000
Cookies and Other Data
For information on your choices related to Cookies and Other Data, please see the Section on our Cookies Policy below.
How You Can Request to Access, Change, Delete, Restrict the Use or Object to the Processing of Your Personal Data
If you would like to request to access, change, delete, restrict the use of, or object to the processing of your Personal Data that you have previously provided to us, feel free to contact us at [email protected]. Please see also, [email protected].
For your protection, we only fulfill requests for the Personal Data associated with the email address and/or loyalty account number that you identify in your request, and we may need to verify your identity before fulfilling certain requests. When permitted by law, we may charge an appropriate fee to cover the costs of responding to your request.
The Johnstown Estate acknowledges and respects our guests’ privacy and we will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable and consistent with applicable law.
OTHER IMPORTANT PROVISIONS
Non-The Johnstown Estate Group Entities
This Privacy Statement does not address, and we are not responsible for the data collection, use, disclosure, or security policies or practices of other organizations, such as Facebook, Apple, Google, Microsoft, RIM, or any other app developer, app provider, social media platform provider, operating system provider, wireless service provider or device manufacturer, including with respect to any Personal Data you disclose to other organizations through or the Apps or our social media pages.
We seek to use reasonable organizational, technical, and administrative measures to protect Personal Data. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of your account has been compromised), please immediately notify us in accordance with the “Contact Us” section, below.
We will retain your Personal Data for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Privacy Statement unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law.
The criteria used to determine our retention periods include:
- The length of time we have an ongoing relationship with you and provide the Services to you (for example, for as long as you have an account with us or keep using the Services)
- Whether there is a legal obligation to which we are subject (for example, certain laws require us to keep records of your transactions for a certain period of time before we can delete them)
- Whether retention is advisable considering our legal position (such as, for statutes of limitations, litigation, or regulatory investigations)
Unless specifically requested, we ask that you not send us, and you not disclose, on or through the Services or otherwise to us, any Sensitive Personal Data (e.g., social security number, taxpayer identification number, passport number, driver’s license number, or another government-issued identification number; credit or debit card details or financial account number, with or without any code or password that would permit access to the account, credit history; or information on race, religion, ethnicity, sex life or practices or sexual orientation, medical or health information, genetic or biometric information, biometric templates, political or philosophical beliefs, political party or trade union membership, background check information, judicial data such as criminal records, or information on other judicial or administrative proceedings).
Use of Services by Minors
The Services are not directed to individuals under the age of sixteen (16), and we request that they not provide Personal Data through the Services.
Updates to This Privacy Statement
The “Last Updated” legend at the top of this page indicates when this Privacy Statement was last revised. Any changes will become effective when we post the revised Privacy Statement on the Online Services. If you would like to review the version of the Privacy Statement that was effective immediately prior to this revision, please contact us at [email protected].
We are committed to practicing and encouraging environmental best-practice to ensure the long-term sustainability of the tourism industry. We have been awarded a 100% Green Energy Certificate 2019, which we have continued to maintain for the past 4 years.
- To achieve sound environmental practices across our entire operation.
- To comply fully with all relevant legislation.
- To produce an annual Environmental Plan setting out our objectives, targets and planned actions.
- To minimise our waste and reduce our water and energy consumption where possible.
- To reduce, reuse and recycle the resources consumed by our business wherever practical.
- To help increase awareness with regards to protecting the environment and to support our staff, customers and suppliers in doing so.
- To provide all employees with the training and resources required to meet these green objectives.
- To communicate our policies and practices to interested parties.
- To monitor and record our environmental impacts on a regular basis and compare our performance against our policies, objectives and targets.
Major Targets & Objectives
Our energy is supplied by a Combined Heat and Power (CHP) system. This energy source positively impacts the health of local community and supports national policy goals in a number of ways. Specifically, CHP can:
- Enhance our energy security by reducing our national energy requirements and help our hotel weather energy price volatility and supply disruptions.
- Advance our climate change and environmental goals by reducing emissions of CO2 and other pollutants.
- Improve business competitiveness by increasing energy efficiency and managing costs.
- Increase resilience of our energy infrastructure by limiting congestion and offsetting transmission losses.
- Improve energy efficiency by capturing heat that is normally wasted.
Our aim is to reduce consumption of mains water. We can do this by using rainwater for landscaping purposes, maintaining our swimming pool well, including regular leak checks and water conscious cleaning schedules. Pool area showers are installed with a push-button shower to reduce water usage.
Our aim is to reduce the waste we send to landfill by recycling where possible. We do this by dividing all waste into sectors for recyclable waste, kitchen and garden waste, glass and general waste. We also track our waste and report weekly with the goal of reducing the amount of waste we send to landfill, currently 61% of our waste is diverted from landfill.
Helping to Reduce Our Carbon Footprint
We have significantly increased our floral gardens in order to create a habitat for the food supply of insects and birds. We are planting an orchard in order to maintain the equilibrium in the environment, orchards reduce pollution, produce oxygen, take up carbon dioxide, provide habitat for wildlife, reduce soil erosion and hold water, among others. By developing orchards, we are taking an active part in environmental preservation.
- Using more environmentally friendly clothing for staff uniforms.
- To encourage our local community to eat local with us rather than travel.
- To supply information to our guests on how to reduce their carbon footprint while using our facilities.
We offer our guests the option to change their linen as their needs require and have adopted a policy where guests can let us know when linen is required to be changed.
In our guestrooms, electricity is only usable by key cards so lights are no longer left burning when no one is in the room. Further, these cards are reusable by guests.
The Johnstown Estate uses local suppliers with fully traceable origin, we adopt the farm to fork policy. We have increased our vegetarian offering in our menus, with the goal of offering a 50:50 ratio to our customers.
We have elected a Green Officer to attend educational workshops and to work with heads of Department to introduce greener friendly initiatives throughout departments.
If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement, please contact us at [email protected].
The data controller responsible for your personal data is The Johnstown Estate. with an address of:
The Johnstown Estate
The Johnstown Estate acts as an independent data controller, who have a limited right to use the Data we collect as described below:
You can also:
- Contact our data protection officer responsible for your country or region via [email protected]. In your email, please indicate the country from which you are contacting us.
Lodge a complaint with a data protection authority for your country or region or where any alleged infringement of applicable data protection laws occurs. For the EEA, a list of the national data protection authorities can be found at http://ec.europa.eu/newsroom/article29/item-detail.cfm?item_id=612080
Last Updated: April 13, 2022